Watermelon is easily available through out the year these days and I like this fruit very much.I usually prefer to eat the fruit as such instead of juice but during summer I prefer to have a glass of chilled fresh juice.We can play with various ingredients and create different flavored juices and mocktail recipes.Lemonade is a simple variation to a juice where lemon is added for extra punch and the most popular fruit lemonades are the Classic Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, Mango Lemonade, Watermelon lemonade, Peach Lemonade and also there are few variations using various herbs.
If you are interested check out other interesting beverages like
- Watermelon Juice, Mango Juice , Musk Melon Juice
- Mango Lemonade , Watermelon Cooler
- Bonda Juice(Tender Coconut Cooler)
- Butterfruit(Avocado) Milkshake, Chikoo(Sapota) Milkshake
- Strawberry-Banana Smoothie, Oats-Fruits Smoothie., Mango Banana Smoothie
- Sweet Lassi | Punjab Meeta Lassi, Neer More/Spiced Buttermilk
For a complete range of beverages check here.
Watermelon Lemonade | Watermelon Ginger Lemonade Recipe:
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time : 5 mins | Total time: 15 mins
3 cups Watermelon,chopped and seeded
juice of 2 Lemons
1/2" Ginger,grated (optional)
2 - 2.5 cups Cold Water or Soda
Ice cubes, to serve
for sugar syrup:
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Water
to prepare sugar syrup:
- In a vessel boil water and sugar together until you get a slight sticky syrup and leave it aside to cool completely.You can prepare this ahead and refrigerate it and use it when required,it stays good for a month.
to prepare Lemonade:
- Blend watermelon pieces with grated ginger to a smooth juice consistency and strain it through a metal strainer.
- Add lemon juice and enough cooled sugar syrup(3-4 tbsp)to it and thin it down with water or soda.Taste the juice at this point and adjust it accordingly.The addition of soda adds up a nice spritzy version to it.
Serve it with ice cubes.You can even garnish with thin lemon or watermelon slices or mint leaves.
- You can prepare the sugar syrup ahead and keep it handy to prepare these kind of juices and mocktails during summers.
- You can avoid ginger in the recipe but it adds a nice punch to the juice.But one can avoid if you want a simple lemonade.
- You can even add kalanamak and chaat masala to it to make it more interesting.You can play around with the ingredients to suit your taste buds.