Kesar Peda and various halwa varieties.So stay tuned to check out various sweets recipes in my blog this Diwali.
The preparation process of Khova ladoo is very simple but it tastes very delicious.How can it go wrong with all the ingredients like khoya, coconut, sweeteners like sugar and jaggery in a sweet? I had prepared this sweet during night and hence the step wise pictures did not come out well because of poor lighting but still gives a fair idea of the preparation process.
Also check out other Sweet varieties for Diwali in my blog here:
- 7 cups Burfi | 7 cups Cake
- Ariselu | Adhirasam | Kajjaya
- Coconut Choco Truffles
- Coconut Burfi/Koprapak/Kobbari Mithai
- Karjikai | Kajjikayalu | Kadubu | Karanji
- Kobbari Boorelu | Kobbari Vadalu - Andhra Special
- Minapa Sunni vundalu /Urad dal Laddoos
- Moong Dal Laddu | Pesara Sunni Undalu
- Oats and Fry fruits Ladoo -Sugar free and Fat free
- Kobbari Louz | Coconut Ladoo
- Kesar Peda
Kova Kobbari Kajjikayalu | Khova Kobbari Laddu Recipe:
Yields 10-12 laddus
Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins | Total time: 45 mins
Cuisine: South Indian | Category: Sweets
for outer layer:
1 and 1/2 cups Khoya,crumbled
1/3 cup Sugar
1 and 1/2 cups grated fresh Coconut
3/4 cup grated Jaggery
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
to prepare filling:
- Take a heavy kadai and mix grated coconut with jaggery and keep over medium flame stirring constantly till it forms a thick mass.
- Add cardamom powder to it at the end and mix well.
- Remove it from fire and let it cool.When it is still warm prepare 10-12 small balls out of the mixture and arrange on a broad plate.Leave them aside to set properly.
to prepare outer layer:
- Add crumbled koa to the pan and heat it until the khova softens.
- Add powdered sugar to it and stir constantly till it bubbles and leaves the edges.
- Remove from fire and stir it vigorously using a wooden masher to get a soft thick mass.Pour the mixture on to a plate and let it cool.
- When the mixture is still warm knead it to a soft dough and make even sized balls which are slightly bigger in size than the coconut balls.
to prepare ladoos:
- Flatten the khoya ball on your palm and place the coconut ball inside and gather the edges of the khoya together and roll it to a smooth ball.
- Repeat the process with the remaining balls and prepare all the stuffed ladoos.
- Arrange them on a wide plate and leave them to set.
- Start preparing the ladoos when the khova mixture is warm.
- If the mixture cools it will become hard, if it becomes hard place the mixture over the flame and stir for a minute or two to make it soft and proceed again.
- This was just right in sweetness for us, if you want it sweeter increase 2-3 tbsp of sugar and jaggery to suit your taste buds.
- You can add few saffron strands to the khoya mixture while it is bubbling.
Check out various Diwali Sweets Recipes here.
If you are looking for more Savoury Recipes,Check out Diwali Savoury Recipes here.