I prefer Milkshakes over fresh fruit juices as I like to eat the fruit in its whole form rather than having it as a juice. If we consume the fruit in its whole form, we don't need to add extra sugar nor do we lose any nutrients. There are many people who prefer having juices though and even DH falls under that category. So sometimes I prepare fresh fruit juices for him and that also gives me an opportunity to click the pics.
Muskmelon used to be a famous local fruit in the place where I spent most of my childhood. It used to be very sweet and we always carried them to our native place as my grand mom used to like this variety very much.While 90% of the fruits used to be consumed directly the rest which could be either softened fruit or less sweetened ones used to get converted in this juice form. There is no specific recipe as such but just wanted to highlight it for those who are looking for the recipe.
I must admit that I am very bad in clicking pics of beverages and I always find them challenging to click as the angles are a bit difficult to capture.I have hence been experimenting quite a bit with clicking juices for two reasons - to improve my photography skills and also that they can make their way to my blog. In this juice, I had tried to give the froth by pouring the juice in different glasses so that it can hold the muskmelon balls.On another note,recently I tried foodpanda.in online portal when I came back home after exhaustive shopping and was completely tired to cook anything.They had various range of restaurants and also categorized according to the area which helped me to choose the restaurant and cuisine easily and I was very happy with their services and I recommend you to try it if you have not done before.
Check out few quick beverages recipes here:
- Bonda Juice/Tender Coconut-Malai Juice
- Mango Juice
- Mango Lemonade
- Butterfruit(Avocado) Milkshake
- Oats-Fruits Smoothie
- Neer More/Spiced Buttermilk
Muskmelon Juice | Kharbuja JuiceRecipe:
Prep time: 5 mins | Blending time: 2 mins | Total time: 7-8 mins
Cuisine: Indian | Category: Juices -Beverages
2 cups chopped ripen Muskmelon
1 tsp Lemon Juice(optional)
1/2 cup chilled Water
2-3 tsp Sugar
Ice cubes, to serve(optional)
- Cut the musk melon into two halves and remove the seeds and cut the muskmelon into pieces by removing the external hard layer.
- In a blender add chopped muskmelon, chilled water and sugar and blend it to a thick pulpy juice. Taste the juice and add more sugar if needed.
- Add lemon juice and stir it nicely.
- You can strain the juice or serve it as it is.I suggest you to serve as it is to retain the nutrients of fruit.
- Pour it into 2 individual glasses.
Add ice cubes and serve it immediately.
- Adjust the sugar and consistency of juice according to your your wish.
- I usually do not strain the fresh fruit juices to retain the fiber and nutrients of the fruits. If you want you can strain it in a metal sieve.
- You can experiment it by combining mixed fruits combinations with various fruits like pomegranate, orange, sweet lime, watermelon etc.
- If you like you can make it a thick milkshake by adding milk instead of water in the recipe.