Gals,do u remember my earlier post Savory Oats porridge??
After a great successful attempt to satisfy our stomach with those boring oats I wanted to try something new again with them.With some new ideas from Tv shows and bloggers I tried making this and was very happy with the results and we really loved the taste of fruits with oats.The taste of mango has completely dominated the other ones and gave its very special taste to this shake.I felt it was a completely satisfying breakfast with a couple of plain toasts and so thought of sharing it with you guys.I am sure even your kids will not complain anything about this,it is really a easy way to make them eat those healthy cereals and here comes the way I did.
3/4 cup Oats
2 cups milk
1 medium ripen mango
1 medium ripen banana
1/2 cup ripen musk melon
5-6 blanched almonds
honey to taste(for sweetening)
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp chopped mixed nuts and raisins
- Boil oats in milk until soft and let it cool down completely.
- Chop all the fruits into medium size pieces and blend everything with the cooked oats and honey,cardamom powder into a fine puree.Add milk and honey according to the taste and consistency.
- Add blanched nuts to it and run it once again.No need to blend the nuts into a fine paste.It tastes good when u get some bits of nuts in between while you are savoring this shake.
- Keep in refrigerator for some time or serve as it is.
- Serve it with some finely chopped almonds,pistachios,raisins and some finely chopped fruits.
- You can add fruits of your choice like papaya,orange,apple etc to this.
- I added honey inorder to avoid the extra calories,you can even replace it with sugar for kids if they dont like the taste of honey in this.