Maida Burfi for my kiddo's school Diwali party.Needless to say both the sweets were a hit with the kiddos, the tutti frutti in the maida burfi and the soft and juicy mango flavored Coconut ladoos were the highlights of both the sweets.Yes, you read it right the Coconut ladoos were flavored with mango.It is not that I added any pulp or flavor to the ladoos, it is just that I could locate Mango flavored Condensed milk during one of my shopping visits and the very moment I knew what I wanted to do with it and had picked the desiccated coconut too to prepare these tiny beauties.
- 7 cups Burfi | 7 cups Cake
- Coconut Choco Truffles
- Coconut Burfi/Koprapak/Kobbari Mithai
- Gulab Jamun recipe using milk powder
- Karjikai | Kajjikayalu | Kadubu | Karanji
- Kesar Peda
- Khoya Jamun | Gulab Jamun using Khoya
- Kobbari Louz | Coconut Ladoo | Nariyal Ladoo
- Moong Dal Ladoo | Pesara Sunnunda
- Sweet Diamond Cuts | Sweet Maida Biscuits
Yields: 45 Ladoos | Author: Prathibha
Prep time: 25 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins | Total time: 30 mins
Cuisine: Indian | Category: Sweets
3 - 3 1/4 cups Desiccated Coconut
1 tin(392 gms) Condensed Milk(I used Mango flavored Condensed Milk)
1/2-3/4 cup Desiccated Coconut,for rolling
- In a thick kadai empty the condensed milk tin and add initially 2.5 cups desiccated coconut and mix nicely.The coconut should be well mixed with the condensed milk and the mixture should not be very dry or very loose.It should be of thick consistency that one can make ladoo out of it, so add the remaining desiccated coconut until you get that consistency and also do check the sweetness of it and add the coconut accordingly.I used 3 cups in total.It all depends on the quality of coconut and how much it can seep in the condensed milk.
- Now switch on the stove and heat the mixture until it is hot and reduce the flame and cook for 4-5 mins. This will make the coconut cooked in the condensed milk and gives a soft ladoo.
- Now switch off the flame and let the mixture become warm.
- Spread the remaining desiccated coconut in a plate.
- With the clean and dry hands take a small portion of the mixture and make a ping pong sized ball out of it and roll it in the desiccated coconut and place it in a plate.Repeat it and prepare all the ladoos out of it.The fat from the mixture itself is enough to roll the ladoos, if it is sticky you can grease your hands with ghee and start rolling, it was not necessary for me.
- Now carefully place the rolled ladoos in a small cup cake liners like how I did or arrange them in a box.
Store them in airtight containers or gift them in a gift box.They can be stored for 3-4 days under room temperature and upto a week when refrigerated.
- There are no hard and fast rules regarding the amount of coconut as the sweetness preference by each individual is different.The only thing you need to keep in mind is the mixture should not be neither very dry nor very loose to get soft and juicy coconut ladoos.
- I have used Mango flavored Condensed milk for this recipe but one can easily use normal condensed milk.But we just loved the mango flavor that got infused in the ladoos.
- If you are using normal condensed milk you can flavor the ladoos with rose essence too.
- You can easily half the recipe.
- If you want to use frozen coconut in the recipe you can still use.You need to roast the coconut until the moisture evaporates and also taking care that the coconut does not change the color too.