- Dill-Dal Stir Fry/Sabasige Soppu Palya
- Lal Bhaji(lal math) Saag | Red Amaranth leaves stir fry
- Methi Bhaji | Fenugreek leaves Stir fry
- Talimpu Gongura | Noone Gongura
- Thotakura Pesarapappu Podi Kura/Amaranth-Moong dal Curry
- Thotakura(Amaranth leaves) Stir fry
Indian style Choy Sum Stir fry Recipe:
Serves 2-3 | Author: Prathibha
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins | Total time: 30 mins
Cuisine: South Indian | Category: Main Course(Side dish for Rice)
1 big bunch of Choy Sum
1 Onion, finely chopped
3-4 Garlic pods, roughly chopped
2-3 Red chilies
1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
1 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the choy sum and separate the greens from the stems and reserve the thick stems aside. Finely chop the greens along with flowers and tender stalks and keep it aside. Trim the thick stalks and peel the skin like how we do for carrots and finely chop the inner stalks and keep them aside.
- In a kadai heat oil and add fenugreek seeds and fry for half a minute.
- Add chopped garlic and red chilies and fry for another half minute.Now add chopped onions and fry until they become translucent.
- Now add chopped choy sum stalks and cook until they are half done, then add the chopped greens to it and add enough salt(add less salt as the greens take less salt) and cook for 8-10 mins until they are cooked by stirring it in between.
Serve it hot with Rice, Sambar/Dal and papad/fryums.
- You can skip garlic and onions in the recipe and add 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut at the end to the cooked greens. It tastes nice either ways.
- You can make greens like amaranth leaves, red amaranth, tender radish greens following the same way, it tastes nice.