Dahi Idli,Tawa Idli, Idli Upma, Chili Idli, Cocktail Idlis, Kaima Idli, Idli Manchurian etc. We usually would not have left over Idlis at my place but sometimes I make few additional Idlis just to turn them into simple snacks for the evening.
- Masala Cocktail Idlis | Milagai Podi Mini Idlis
- Masala Idli Fries..from left over Idlies
- Tawa Idli | Spicy Tava Idli
- Tri Color Cocktail Idlis
- Idli Upma
- Dahi Idli
Baked Idli Fries Recipe:
Serves 2 | Author: Prathibha
Prep time: 5 mins | Baking time: 15 mins | Total time: 20 mins
Cuisine: South Indian | Category: Snacks
4-5 left over Idlis
Red Chili powder or Idli Chili Powder(Milgai Podi), to sprinkle
Salt, to taste
Oil, to coat the idlis
- Refrigerate the left over Idlis for a couple of hours or you can even use left over idlis which sat for a couple of hours at room temperature for this recipe.
- Cut the Idlis into wedges like how it shown in the picture.Apply Oil evenly on both the sides using a brush.
- Line the Baking tray with aluminium foil and arrange the Idli wedges in a single layer and bake it in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 15-20 mins until they turn golden brown in color. You can even turn them to the other side half the way and bake on the other side as well, I usually bake it one side until they turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle salt and red chili powder(or Idli chili powder) on them.
- You can deep fry the idlis instead of baking them or you can even shallow fry them in a flat tawa. If you are deep frying them make sure that you refrigerate the idlis otherwise they might start breaking up in oil.
- One can follow this process and use them for Chili Idli,Tawa Idli or Kaima Idli for a guilt free version.
- You can even sprinkle chaat masala or dunk the crispy idli fries in sambar and eat.