- Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
- Eggless Chunky Apple Streusel Muffins - both Egg/Eggless options
- Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Cocoa Butter Frosting
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Butter Cream Icing
Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Muffins Recipe:
Yields: 12 muffins | Author: Prathibha
Prep time: 15 mins | Baking time: 30 mins | Total time: 45 mins
Cuisine: International | Category: Bakes-Cupcakes/Muffins
1 cup Whole wheat flour(you can use APF/Maida too)
2 large or 3 medium ripen Bananas
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Oil
1/4 cup Milk
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
a pinch of Salt
1/4 cup of chopped Walnuts or Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C/ 356 deg F for 15 mins.
- Line the muffin tray or muffin moulds with muffin liners and grease them lightly with oil.
- Sieve whole wheat flour with baking powder,baking soda and salt into a bowl and mix it with a whisk and keep it aside.
- In another bowl add roughly chopped ripen banana and mash it nicely using a fork or you can even puree it in a mixie.
- Add sugar to the mashed banana mixture and mix it nicely.
- Add oil,lemon juice, milk and vanilla essence to the banana mixture and mix it with a whisk nicely until the oil is incorporated well in the mixture.
- Now add the wheat flour mixture to the wet ingredients and gently fold it using a spatula or mix it with a whisk gently.Do not over fold or whisk the mixture.The mixture will be very thick as shown in the picture.
- Add chopped walnuts or chocolate chips to it and mix it gently.
- Now the muffin batter is ready to be poured.Scoop out the mixture and fill the liners until they are 3/4th filled giving enough space for them to rise.
- Now place the muffin tray in the center of the oven with the top and bottom heating elements ON in your oven/OTG and bake them in preheated oven for 25-30 mins until the muffins are baked through perfection and pass through the tooth pick test.If you insert the tooth pick in the center of the muffin it should come out clean without any stickiness of the batter to it.Every Oven varies and hence keep an eye on oven after 25 mins and check if it is done.
- Let them cool for 10 mins and then remove the muffins from the tray and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
Serve them warm or at room temperature as a snack/breakfast with a cup of coffee.They can be stored under room temperature for 2-3 days and for 4-5 days if refrigerated.
- You can use all purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour or you can use 50:50 ratio of all purpose flour and wheat flour in the recipe.
- I used Pillsbury Multigrain flour and has achieved good results too.
- The muffin mixture is usually thick compared to the cake batter.If it is really thick that you can mix it you can add a tbsp of more milk to mix it.
- Banana and walnut combination is the best and hence I recommend to use the walnuts in the recipe.I had added chocolate chips in half the batter for my son and chopped walnuts in half the batter for us.
- I had added the milk after adding the flour so that I can control the amount of liquid as every wheat flour is different in terms of absorption capacity.