1 cup whole wheat flour,and 1 tsp wheat flour for dusting
1 cup quick cooking porridge oats
3 ripen banana's
1/2 cup milk
12-15 soft dates
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil,optional but I recommend to use it
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tsp flax seeds
1/4 cup water
a generous pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 mins.
- Grind Oats to a fine powder in the mixer.
- Dry roast flax seeds on a tawa/pan for few seconds and grind into a fine powder.Add this powder to 1/4 cup warm water and let it sit for 8-10 mins.
- In a big bowl,mash banana's properly until they form smooth pulp.
- Grind dates with 1/2 cup of milk and 1/3 cup of sugar to a fine puree.Mix in this puree into the smashed banana pulp.
- Add oil,vanilla essence to the above mixture and mix well with a balloon whisk.Add the settled glutinous flax seed mixture to it and mix well.
- Take another bowl and add wheat flour to it and add oats flour,baking soda,salt to it and mix them roughly.
- Fold in the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix well.
- Take a small bowl and add chopped walnuts,raisins and chocolate chips to it and dust it with 1 tsp of wheat flour.
- Add the nuts mix to the batter and mix gently with a spatula.
- Scoop out the mixture into the well greased paper lined muffin moulds and place it in preheated oven for 20 mins at 160 degrees.
- This mixture will yield approximately 12 muffins.I made 6 muffins and the rest of the batter I pour into a loaf pan and made banana bread.Bread needs bit longer time to bake,approximately 30 mins.
- Check the muffins/bread are done or not by piercing a tooth pick in the center and check whether it comes out clean.
- Cool them on the wire rack and store it in air-tight containers.they stay good outside for 2 days.If you want to store them for longer time keep them in refrigerator.