I have realised that I still have not posted an eggless chocolate cake recipe in my blog though I have made it umpteen number of times. I have tried many eggless chocolate cake recipes and this recipe from maria's blog is one among the best that even a beginner can do it without any hassles. This is an easy eggless chocolate cake recipe with no eggs and no butter. As it is Christmas time I thought it is perfect to post this recipe atleast now,better late than never.
This recipe yields a rich, moist and soft eggless Chocolate cake which is perfect for any occasion.I have made this cake for my helper's birthday to wish her in my style and needless to say that she was surprised and overwhelmed with joy seeing this cake and a small gift from my kiddo. I had made this cake in a jiffy and hence the finishing was not perfect but one can easily make it and decorate it as their wish.
One can follow the same recipe to prepare eggless chocolate cup cakes and they turn out good too.You can make this as a plain eggless chocolate cake with no frosting too, in that case one needs to increase the sugar portion a bit more,check it in my notes section.But the chocolate cake with chocolate ganache is a match made in heaven and I just love the thick ganache on my chocolate cake, it makes it even more rich and yummy.But one can use even simple cocoa butter frosting or chocolate icing to decorate this simple eggless chocolate cake. I have tried this recipe many times and I must say that this is a fool proof basic eggless chocolate cake recipe which you can blindly follow the recipe and make this delicious cake.I will post other eggless chocolate cake recipes later which are equally good.
Check out other eggless cakes recipes in my blog here:
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Bread-low fat version
- Eggless-Dates Cake, Eggless Marble Cake
- Eggless Sponge Gateau with Strawberry Cream Icing
- Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake | Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake
- Eggless Orange flavored Sponge Cake
- Eggless Cocoa Walnut Brownies
- Eggless 2 mins Instant Microwave Mug Brownie/Cake
- Eggless Parle-G Biscuit Cake
Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe with Chocolate Ganache:
makes a 7" round cake
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins | Total time: 35 mins
Cuisine: International | Category: Dessert/Cake
1 cup All purpose flour(1 cup - 240 ml)
6 tbsp Unsweetend Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Caster Sugar,if using frosting (use 3/4 cup sugar if not using frosting)
1/2 cup Oil (Canola/neutral Vegetable Oil)
1/4 cup beaten Yogurt at room temperature
1/4 cup Milk,at room temperature
1/4 cup Hot Coffee(1 tsp instant coffee powder mixed in 1/4 cup hot water)
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
100 gms Dark Couverture Chocolate chips
200 gms heavy Cream
- Grease a 7" round pan lightly with oil and line it with a parchment paper.Preheat the oven at 180 deg C (350 F) for 12-15 mins.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt for a couple of time until you get the uniform mixture.
- Boil water until it is bubbling and mix with instant coffee powder and keep it ready.
- In a big bowl add beaten yogurt and sugar and mix well until the sugar melts. Add oil, milk, hot coffee and vanilla essence to it and mix it nicely with a whisk.
- Now add the sieved dry ingredients into the wet ingredient mixture and beat it nicely with an electric beater for 2-3 mins or using a wire whisk until the mixture is well incorporated. Do not over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and gently tap it so that there will not be any air bubbles formed in the final cake.
- Bake it for about 25-30 mins until the cake is done. Check the doneness of the cake by doing a tooth pick test. Prick a toothpick in the center of the cake and if it comes clean means it is done.Please keep an eye after 20-25 mins and check once. If the tooth pick is sticky with the chocolate liquid bake for 5 more mins or until it comes out clean.
- Remove it from the cake and let the cake rest in the pan for 7-8 mins until the cake becomes bit warm, gently run the knife around the edges of the cake and unmold the cake on to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Heat the cream over medium flame until it is hot(you do not need it bubbling, just hot enough to melt the chocolate) and pour over chocolate chips and whisk it nicely until you get an uniform smooth ganache mixture and let it become slightly warm.
for arranging the cake:
- Level the cake if necessary by cutting the top portion.Cut the cake into two equal halves by running the knife horizontally in the center slowly from the edges towards inside.
- Apply a thick layer of ganache and place the other layer and pour the warm ganache over it by starting pouring in the center first and slowly at the edges so that it flows down the edges. Make sure you cover the whole cake.
- Sprinkle few color sprinkles or gems or decorate it with fruits or simply dust it with cocoa powder or leave it as it is.
- Allow it to set in refrigerator for couple of hours or overnight.
Just before serving keep the cake outside for 15-20 mins and cut it and serve.
- If you are covering the cake with an icing or ganache keep the sugar quantity as it is, else increase it to 3/4 th cup or little more than that for a sweet cake.
- Use good quality cocoa powder and good quality chocolate for a richer taste.
- I did not take the pain to level the edges of the cake before pouring the ganache and also I poured a very thin layer and hence you can see a bit of unevenness.You can do it bit carefully and achieve a perfect look.
- The ganache thickens as it sits, make sure you pour it when it is still warm for smooth flow of the ganache.
- You can even frost the cake with cocoa frosting or chocolate icing.
- You can even prepare cupcakes out of this recipe.You will get approximately 9-10 big Cupcakes.