Check out other cake recipes for Christmas:
- Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Cherry Cake with Chocolate Ganache Icing
- Checkered Cake
- Christmas Fruit Cake | Kerala Plum Cake
- Dorie's Perfect Vanilla Cake with Blueberry Filling
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake-Step wise recipe
- Zebra Cake with Zebra Fondant Icing
- Eggless-Dates Cake
- Eggless Marble Cake
- Eggless Sponge Gateau with Strawberry Cream Icing
- Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake | Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake
- Eggless Orange flavored Sponge Cake
- Eggless Cocoa Walnut Brownies
- Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Cocoa Butter Frosting
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Butter Cream Icing
Parle G Biscuit Cake Recipe :
makes an 8" cake | Author : Prathibha
Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 4-5 mins | Total time: under 10 mins
Cuisine: Indian | Category: Cakes/Bakes
150 gms Parle G Biscuit packet
3 tbsp Cocoa powder
1/2 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cups Milk,approx
1 Eno fruit salt sachet, plain
2-3 tbsp chopped Dry fruits(almonds,cashew nuts etc)
Butter/Oil , to grease the pan
Cocoa powder or Icing sugar, for dusting
- Chop dry fruits into small pieces and keep them aside.
- Take a deep microwave bowl and grease it with butter or oil nicely and keep it ready.
- Break biscuits into fine pieces and add cocoa powder, sugar to it and run it in the mixer to a fine powder.
- Take milk in a bowl and add the ground powder to it and mix well.The mixture should be smooth,neither very thin nor very thick.
- Add eno to it and give a quick stir, you will see a foamy batter ready.
- Pour this batter into the greased bowl and level it off evenly.Sprinkle few more sliced almonds on top.Microwave it on HIGH for 4-5 mins.Check it after 4 mins, as the power differs for each microwave it is always better to check it in between.Insert a tooth pick and see if it comes out clean it is ready if it is slightly battery then again microwave it for a minute or more.Repeat the tooth pick test if needed.
- Leave it undisturbed for 5 mins.Run a knife around the corner of the cake and unmould it on to a plate.Let the cake cool completely.
- You can use combination of biscuits like Parle G and Hide and seek biscuits or use just plain Parle G biscuits.
- You can reduce the sugar to 1/3 cup if you like it mildly sweet.
- As the Microwave power differs for each microwave it is always better to check the cake in between.Insert a tooth pick and see if it comes out clean it is ready, if it is slightly battery then again microwave it for a minute or more.
- Checck out the chocolate ganache recipe if you want to cover the cake with it.You can even use ready whipped cream or chocolate icing or simply dust it with icing sugar or cocoa powder like how I did.
- You can easily keep this cake for 2-3 days at room temperature.