When my bestie Lubna messaged and asked me if I could do a guest post for her Christmas bakes series what else I would have told other than YES, it is my pleasure to do a post for a good friend like her. We both can chat for hours together about the food, menus, pictures, food photography and so on. I am thankful to blogging that I could make wonderful friends like her who are friends for life. I actually did not have much time when she asked me as I had travel plans, so could not do an elaborate bake and chose a simple cupcake which I promised to send her on time.As her theme was Christmas bakes I chose something fruity and these cranberry cupcakes are the most easiest cupcakes to prepare.So if you are looking for simple and quick Christmas bakes, this recipe is apt for you.If ou are interested to check Christmas Fruit Cake recipe, check it here. I am posting the same in my blog too just to keep record of the recipe for later use and also for my readers not to miss this recipe.
Check out other cupcakes/muffins recipes in my blog:
Yields 9 big Cupcakes ,I got 6 big and 6 small cupcakes
Prep time: 10 mins | Baking time: 15 mins | Total time: 25 mins
Cuisine: International | Category: Muffins/Cupcakes - Baking
100 gms All Purpose flour
100 gms Cranberries, roughly chopped
100 ml fresh Yogurt, beaten
80 gms Caster Sugar
2 tbsp Vegetable/Canola Oil
3/4 tsp Vanilla essence
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
a pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 190 deg C/375 deg F/Gas Mark 5. Line a muffin pan with the liners, I have used 6 piece big muffin tray and 6 small muffin cups here for this recipe.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl. I did on paper and shifted it to the bowl. You can mix in caster sugar to the flour mixture here or beat with the wet ingredients in the following step.
- In another bowl beat yogurt,oil and egg with a wire whisk until evenly combined.Add vanilla essence and mix it nicely.
- Add the whisked wet ingredients into the dry flour mixture and fold in gently until the ingredients are just mixed.This mixture will be slightly thicker compared to cake batter.
- Add a tsp of flour to the cranberries and mix them in a cup and then add to the muffin batter and mix gently.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until 3/4 th of the liners.Bake them in a preheat oven at 180 deg C for 12-15 mins until they are done.Do a toothpick test to check the doneness of the muffins, if you prick the toothpick in the center it should come out clean which indicates that the muffins are done.
- Leave the muffins in the tin for 2 mins and transfer them in their case to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
You can dust them with icing sugar.
- The original recipe called for self raising flour, I used all purpose flour and increased the quantity of baking powder in the recipe than mentioned. If you are using self raising flour use the same amount as all purpose flour and reduce the baking powder to 1/2 tsp in the recipe and you can avoid baking soda too.
- The original recipe used 55 gms of sugar which I felt was very less and hence added more in the recipe and that was perfect for our liking.
- These are low fat muffins which I could feel in the taste Though they were soft and fluffy I felt they could have been more moist. You can increase the oil more by 1-2 tablespoon in the recipe and reduce the yogurt accordingly if you want very moist muffins.