I have posted Andhra style Sambar Powder recipe recently and today I am posting Andhra style Rasam powder recipe which I got from my MIL.The addition of liberal quantity of cumin seeds, pepper corns and coriander seeds makes the rasam flavorful and spicy.A small quantity of toor dal is added to the powder which helps in thickening the rasam.It is a very simple and basic recipe which might help many who are new to kitchen.
Andhra Style Rasam Powder Recipe:
(stores upto a month)
1 1/2 cups Coriander seeds
1/3 cup Toor dal(split Pigeon peas)
2 tbsp Cumin seeds
3 tbsp black Peppercorns
- In a thick kadai dry roast coriander seeds until they turn slight brown in color and keep them aside.
- In the same kadai dry roast toor dal until red in color and keep them aside.
- Add cumin seeds and peppercorns and fry them separately and keep them aside.
- Once they cool down grind them to a fine powder.
- Store it in an air tight container.
Add a couple of tsps of rasam powder while making rasam.
- You can dry roast and add 10-12 red chillies while making the rasam powder.
You can use this Rasam powder in the following rasams: