shelf life:3-4 weeks when refrigerated
200 gms Ginger
200 gms Garlic
2 tsp Salt approx
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Oil
- Wash and peel the skin of ginger and wipe it with a clean cloth and cut it into small pieces and spread them on a kitchen towel for half an hour.
- Peel the skins off the garlic pods and keep them ready.
- In a mixer grind ginger and garlic with salt,oil and turmeric powder to a coarse paste in a whipper mode.
- Grind it in intervals rather than grinding them in a single pulse.Do not add water while grinding which will reduce the shelf life of the paste.If you want smooth paste you can grind it for long.
Store the mixture in a clean jar in refrigerator.It can be stored for 3-4 weeks and use it when required.
- Always use a clean spoon to scoop out the required amount of ginger-garlic paste.
- You can skip turmeric powder but it preserves the color of ginger garlic paste for long.
- In order to peel the garlic pods I always cut the tip of garlic pod or smash it on a hard surface and peel it off,it peels off easily.