Ginger-Garlic paste,Green chili paste,Green Chutney,Meetha Chutney which are home made and I always keep in my refrigerator as they are very handy while cooking.These are all the basic recipes and I am sure most of us would be preparing on regular basis.However I am posting these basic recipes which might help those who are new to cooking.We use this green chili paste in many of the breakfast and snack varieties like Gunta Ponganalu, Mosaru Kodubale, Kharada Onion Dosa, Onion Masala Idli, Rava Dosa, Akki rotti, Ragi Rotti, Punugulu, Sago bonda etc,it is very handy to use them instead of chopped green chillies in these recipes.
Green Chilli Paste:
Shelf life: upto a month when refrigerated
100 gms Green chillies
Salt to taste( 3/4 to 1 tsp approx)
- Wash and dry the green chillies on the kitchen napkin for 2-3 hrs until they are completely dry with out any water droplets.
- Grind the green chillies with salt to a coarse paste.Do not grind it to fine paste,the paste should should be very coarse which will increase the shelf life of the paste.
- Remove the paste and store it in an air tight container or glass bottle and keep it refrigerated.You can use this paste up to a month or more.
- The green chillies should be completely dry with out any water droplets.
- Adding salt will increase the shelf life,so do not add less in it.
- Always use a clean spoon while taking out the paste from the container.
- You can use it for a month or more when refrigerated.
- You can use this in various recipes like Gunta Ponganalu, Mosaru Kodubale, Kharada Onion Dosa, Onion Masala Idli, Rava Dosa, Akki rotti, Ragi Rotti, Punugulu, Sago bonda etc where we add green chili paste instead of green chillies.It eases the work.