Mumbai style Vegetable Sandwich is one example where one can eat it fresh or grilled and also this Spinach-Corn Sandwich can be done the same.Though taste wise both the fresh/grilled sandwiches taste nice I prefer the grilled version as I am inclined more towards the buttery cheesy hot grilled sandwich.
- Bombay Masala Toast Sandwich | Potato Stuffed Sandwich
- Cucumber Sandwich
- Vegetable Bread Toast-Iyengar Bakery Style
- Vegetable Sandwich-Mumbai Style
Here is how to make the grilled Spinach and Corn Sandwich Recipe.Do give a try!!
Spinach Corn Sandwich | Grilled Corn and Spinach Sandwich Recipe:
Serves 4 | Author: Prathibha
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins | Total time: 30 mins
Cuisine: Indian | Category: Snack/Breakfast
8 slices Sandwich Bread(Wholewheat/Multigrain/Maida bread)
1/2 cup Cheese,grated
3/4 cup boiled Corn kernels
1.5 cups chopped Spinach
1 small Onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tbsp All purpose flour(or wheat flour)
3/4 cup Milk
1 tsp Oregano(or Mixed Herbs)
1 tsp Red chili flakes
3/4 tsp Black/White Pepper powder
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Olive oil or regular Oil
Butter, to spread
- In a kadai heat regular/olive oil and add finely chopped garlic and fry for half a minute and then add finely chopped onions and fry well until they turn translucent.
- Add chopped spinach and boiled corn kernels and fry for 4-5 minutes until the spinach wilts and gets cooked.
- Now sprinkle the flour(or wheat flour) all over the mixture and mix nicely and fry for a minute or two.
- Reduce the flame and add milk slowly by stirring continuously( to avoid the lumps formation) and continue cooking until the sauce thickens.You can add 1-2 tbsp cheese to the mixture and mix nicely.
- Add salt, pepper, chili flakes and oregano and mix nicely and cook until the mixture becomes thick.Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool.
- Apply Butter on one side of the bread and place 2-3 tbsp of stuffing and spread it nicely and sprinkle required amount of cheese and cover it with another butter sided bread slice and repeat the same for all the sandwiches.
- Heat an electric grill or Toaster or tawa and add some butter on the griller/toaster/tawa and place the prepared sandwiches and apply another layer of butter on top and close it and grill/toast it until it turns brown. If you are doing on tawa you can fry it on both sides by pressing it nicely with the spatula for uniform color.
Serve it hot with Tomato Sauce.
- The addition of cheese is optional as the white sauce itself is rich and creamy.
- This can be prepared as open sandwich or toast, place the mixture on the buttered bread,baguette and sprinkle cheese on top and place it in preheated oven and bake it for 6-8 mins until the cheese melts.It makes a great party appetizer.
- You can make Corn-Spinach Pasta by adding the boiled pasta to the same prepared mixture instead of making a sandwich.
- You can make Spinach-Babycorn sandwich by replacing corn with finely chopped babycorn in the recipe.
Technorati Tags: corn and palak sandwich recipe, spinach corn sandwich recipe, corn and spinach sandwich, grilled cheesy corn and spinach sandwich recipe, cheesy spinach and corn sandwich, corn and spinach toast, breakfast recipes, sandwich recipes ,snacks recipes, kids lunch box recipes, kid-friendly recipes, party recipes, tea time snacks