Sandwiches are one of the easiest breakfast options.At our place, I prefer the grilled sandwich varieties whereas TH prefers fresh sandwich and hence most of the time I end up preparing a fresh Vegetable sandwich and pack it for him and grill the same for me. I prefer making fresh sandwiches for parties as they can be cut into ribbon size or bit sized sandwiches which are great to serve as finger food.They are not only easy to prepare but also looks inviting too.
Coming to today's post,Cucumber sandwich recipe is very simple and even a kid can prepare it.I make it in two ways- sometimes using cream cheese and sometimes using hung curd and I love both the versions.As the hung curd version is more healthy I prefer to use it more often and I also reduce the butter content for a regular sandwich. When I prepare for parties or pack for lunch box I give a good coat of butter though otherwise the sandwich becomes soggy.
Check out Mumbai style Vegetable sandwich recipe here.
Cucumber Sandwich Recipe:
Prep time:10 mins | Cooking time:nil | Total time:10 mins
Cuisine: International | Category: Breakfast/Appetizers
6 Bread slices
1 large Cucumber
1/2 cup Hung Curd or Sour cream
1/3 cup Mint leaves,finely chopped
1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
1/2 tsp Chili flakes (optional)
Salt to taste
- To prepare hung curd you can hand thick yogurt in a muslin cloth for 3-4 hrs.Add 1/2 tsp lemon juice to it and beat lightly.
- Mix the hung curd (or sour cream) with salt, pepper powder, chili flakes and chopped mint leaves and keep it ready.
- Peel the cucumber and slice them thinly in a slicer either horizontally to get thin discs or vertical to get thin strips.Alternatively if you have good knife skills slice them thinly.
- Apply butter generously to one side of bread and repeat for all the bread slices.
- Now apply a coat of sour cream mixture liberally on the butter ladened bread slices.
- Arrange the sliced cucumber pieces evenly on one slice and cover it with another bread slice.Repeat the same to prepare other 2 sandwiches.
- Press the sandwich slightly with your hands and cut the edges of the sandwich using a serrated knife.
- Cut into halves or strips or bite sized pieces.
Serve it with the remaining sour cream/tomato ketchup.
- You can use Cream cheese instead of sour cream or hung curd in the recipe.
- Mixed dried herbs can be used instead of mint leaves in the recipe.
- If you like cheese,line a cheese slice on cucumbers while making the sandwich.