Dry Fruits Ladoo if you are interested, you can check it here.Why to buy that super expensive burfi from a sweet shop when you can prepare it freshly at home using good quality stuff and that too at half the price. Try it for this Diwali and enjoy it with your family.
- 7 cups Burfi | 7 cups Cake
- Coconut Choco Truffles
- Coconut Burfi/Koprapak/Kobbari Mithai
- Gulab Jamun recipe using milk powder
- Karjikai | Kajjikayalu | Kadubu | Karanji
- Kesar Peda
- Khoya Jamun | Gulab Jamun using Khoya
- Kobbari Louz | Coconut Ladoo | Nariyal Ladoo
- Moong Dal Ladoo | Pesara Sunnunda
- Sweet Diamond Cuts | Sweet Maida Biscuits
Yields 18-20 pieces | Author: Prathibha
Prep time: 40 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins | Total time: 1 hr + standing time
Cuisine: Indian | Category: Sweets
22-25 dried Figs(Anjeer)
12-15 Dates, finely chopped(roughly 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup chopped Almonds
1/3 cup chopped Walnuts
1/4 cup chopped Cashewnuts
1/4 cup chopped Pistachios
1/4 cup Chironji,optional
2 tbsp chopped Apricots,optional
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
2 tsp Ghee
Poppy Seeds/Silver varq - to decorate , optional
- Use all the dry fruits at room temperature.If dry fruits are stored in refrigerator keep them outside until they come to room temperature.
- Soak figs in hot water for 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile chop all the nuts (cashews,almonds,walnuts and pistachios), dates and apricots into small pieces roughly and keep them aside.
- Drain the soaked figs and grind it into a smooth paste, do not add water to it.
- In a kadai heat ghee and add ground paste and fry for 5-6 min until the mixture becomes a lump and become bit non sticky.Switch off the flame.
- Add chopped dates,apricots,chopped nuts, chironji and cardamom powder and mix everything nicely.
- Grease a steel plate(which has edges) with ghee or line it with butter paper and add the cooked dry fruit mixture and spread it nicely of 1.5 cm thickness.
- You can place another butter paper on top of it and level it nicely to give a even topped burfi.If you are using silver varq apply it gently at this stage.You can even add poppy seeds on top and level it.
- Refrigerate it for an hour.
- Cut into squares of desired size using a greased knife.
Store it in air tight container.If it is refrigerated you can store easily up to 2-3 weeks.
- You can use nuts of your choice.I have added apricots,chironji and all as I was clearing off all the dry fruits.You can skip them or add as per your wish.
- I have neither used silver varq nor poppy seeds as I did not have them at that moment.But if you have I recommend to use it for a nice looking burfis.
- I usually store my dry fruits in refrigerator and hence I removed them a day before to let them come to room temperature so that figs and dates will get softened.
- You can even add a tbsp of Gulkand, it gives nice flavor to the burfi.
- Refrigerate it for 1-2 hrs before cutting them. Mine were not perfect as I had not given much time for it to set and was in hurry.
- You can even make a roll of it like how we get in sweet shops. Divide the mixture into 2 parts and place each part in separate butter papers and roll them to form a log and roll them again in poppy seeds or apply varq on it and wrap it tightly in butter paper and refrigerate it and cut them into 1 cm pieces later.