This recipe was sitting in my drafts from almost eight months and I finally decided to post it now. This is a very simple pulao which is prepared with baby corns. The recipe is very similar to my Vegetable pulao recipe just with the difference being that I added coconut milk here instead of water.
I have mentioned many times earlier about my love for baby corns and this pulao is definitely one of my favorite recipes with baby corns.The slight crunch and sweetness of baby corns adds a nice taste and texture to the pulao.
Pulavs and Rice Varieties are ideal for lunch boxes as they are very easy to eat.You can just pair it with raita and papad and a wholesome meal is ready.I even prefer to make pulavs over the weekends as they are not only easy to make but also serve as a simple and delicious meal.
If you are a fan of Baby corns like me,so check out other baby corn recipes in my blog:
Baby Corn Pulav Recipe:
Prep time:20 mins | Cooking time:40 mins | Total time: 1 hr
Cuisine:Indian | Category: Pulao Varieties - Main Course
1 cup Basmati Rice
2 cups Coconut Milk
10-12 Babycorns,cut into pieces in an angle
8-10 Cashew nuts
1 Bay leaf
1" Cinnamon stick
2 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Ghee
Salt to taste
3/4 cup Mint leaves
1/2 cup Coriander leaves
4-5 Garlic pods
2-3 tbsp grated fresh Coconut
2-3 Red chillies
3-4 Green chillies
1/4 tsp Garam masala
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 10 mins.
- Grind all the ingredients under the section 'to grind' to a fine paste by adding little water.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker or a thick kadai and add Biriyani leaf,cinnamon and cloves and fry them for a minute.
- Add cut babycorn pieces and fry them nicely for 2 mins.
- Add ground masala and fry the mixture until the raw smell disappears.
- Add washed basmati rice and fry the rice for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk,salt and let it come to a boil.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle and reduce the flame and cook for 8-10 mins.If you are using thick kadai,cover it and cook until the rice is done.
- Heat ghee or oil in a small kadai and add cashew nuts and fry them and garnish the pulao with the fried cashew nuts.
Serve the pulao hot with Onion-tomato raita or Boondi raita.
- Baby corns can be replaced with fresh corn kernels or the corn cob cut into 1" round pieces or soya chunks in the recipe.
- You do not need to use thick coconut milk in the recipe.If the coconut milk is very thick you can dilute with little water to get 2 cups of coconut milk of medium thickness.
I usually do not plan in advance when I click pics. I usually select the the props just before taking the pics based on whatever I feel would go with the food. This post was one of those where I enjoyed clicking more than cooking.Thought I would share one more pic before I say bye..