Babycorn is my most favorite vegetable.I know I have mentioned that for many vegetables but Babycorn stands the top position in my favorite vegetable list and I do not get bored of it even if I eat the same for a week,such is my love for those baby corns.I like them more because of their slight sweet and crunchy texture.
I like to use babycorns in stir fries,pastas,salad,soups,pulavs,curry,gravies,pakoras etc.Steamed Babycorn-Mango Salad is another favorite of mine which is a popular street food in Bangalore.You can check Babycorn-Capcium Gravy is one of the most popular posts in my blog which got raving reviews from my readers for its taste,if you have not tried it I highly recommend to try that recipe.Today I am posting a simple yet delicious Babycorn Bell Pepper stir fry,I usually add various bell peppers if I have them in hand otherwise I use only Babycorn and capscium in the recipe.This stir fry goes well with rotis or rice or pulav.
Babycorn Capsicum Stir fry(Sabzi) Recipe:
1/2 Red Capsicum
1/2 Yellow Capsicum
1 Green Capsicum
1 Onion,thinly sliced
4-5 Garlic pods,finely chopped
3/4" Ginger,finely chopped
2 Green chillies,finely chopped
1 tsp Kitchen king masala
1 tsp roasted Cumin powder
1/4 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp Amchur(dried mango) powder
1/4 tsp freshly ground Pepper or 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
a pinch of Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Oil
- Cut Babycorn into 8 thin strips of 2" pieces.Microwave them for 2 mins or par boil them on the stove for 3 mins.They should be crunchy and should not become soft after they are cooked. Drain them and keep them ready.
- Remove the seeds from the bell peppers and capsicum and cut them into thin strips of 2" length.
- In a wok/kadai heat oil and crackle cumin seeds.
- Add finely chopped ginger-garlic-green chillies and fry them for a minute on high flame.This process of stir frying will be done on high flame.So you need to be quick in adding the ingredients one after the other.
- Add thinly sliced onions and fry them until they turn pink.
- Add the par boiled baby corns and bell pepper strips and capsicum strips and fry them continuously for 3-4 mins on high flame giving a stir often.The vegetables should not loose their crunchiness and color while frying.So be quick in this process.
- Add kitchen king masala,garam masala,roasted cumin powder,pepper powder(or red chili powder),turmeric powder and salt and continue frying for another 2 mins.Take care not to burn the masalas while frying.
Serve the stir fry hot with Roti/Naan/Chapati/Pulao.
- If you do not have bell peppers,avoid them and use green capsicum instead in the recipe.
- I personally like to add pepper powder to baby corn stirfry,but you can add red chili powder too.
- I recommend to add kitchen king masala to this stir fry,it definitely makes it tastier.If you do not get it you can skip it and increase the masalas accordingly.You can even add a big dash of Pav Bhaji masala instead of kitchen king masala if you have.
- You can add Ginger-Garlic paste instead of chopped ginger and garlic in the recipe.
- Adjust all the masalas according to your personal preference.