Chips and Dips are always a hit in any party. Most of the dips can be prepared ahead and hence makes it easy to serve immediately when you have guests at home.I am sharing a simple dip recipe using hung yogurt which goes well with any kind of crackers,chips and cut vegetables.All the ingredients used in this recipe are easily available,try this dip when you have guests over next time.I am sure you would definitely have a nice time while munching those chips with this dip.
Check out dip recipes in my blog:
Cucumber-Mint Yogurt Dip:
(makes 1 bowl approx)
1 cup Hung Curd(approx prepared from 1 1/4 cups curd)
1 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 medium Cucumber,peeled and finely chopped
2 tbsp Mint leaves,chopped
1 tsp Lemon juice
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder,freshly pounded
Salt to taste
Red chili flakes,to garnish
to prepare Hung curd:
- Tie the curd in muslin cloth for 1-2 hrs.Keep a vessel below to collect the water from it.
to prepare Dip:
- Peel the cucumber and chop it very finely.
- Add the chopped cucumber and mint leaves along with lemon juice,salt and pepper to hung curd and mix well.
- Garnish it with red chili flakes and serve it immediately.You can prepare this dip ahead and refrigerate it for better taste.
Serve the dip with tortillas/chips/cut vegetables or also as a side dish for an exotic meal.
- You can add finely chopped scallions or onions to the dip.
- This dip can be prepared ahead and refrigerate it for better taste.
- You can even replace hung curd with sour cream.In that case you can avoid mayonnaise.
- Adjust the seasoning according to your wish.