Drumstick Tomato Curry | Mulakkada Kura:
2 Drumsticks,cut into 2" pieces
1 big Tomato,finely chopped
3-4 Garlic pods,roughly chopped
1 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
a sprig of Curry leaves
3/4 tsp Red chili powder
a pinch of Turmeric powder
1 Red chili
2 tsp Chana dal
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
1-2 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan and crackle mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add chana dal and fry until they turn slight red in color.
- Add red chili,curry leaves,garlic pods and fry for some time and then add chopped onions and fry well until they turn translucent.
- Add the chopped drumsticks and fry well for 4-5 mins.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and fry for another 2-3 mins until the tomatoes become mushy.
- Add turmeric powder and some water(1/2 cup) to it and cook it covered for 5-6 mins until the drumstick pieces are cooked.You can add more water to it to make it thin and also adjust the seasonings accordingly.
- Add salt and red chili powder and cook for 2 mins.Garnish with Coriander at the end.
Serve it hot with hot steamed Rice and papad/fryums.
- You can increase the amount of onions and tomatoes in the recipe according to your wish.
- Adjust the amount of red chili powder in the recipe.