Instant Oats Idli,Instant Oats Uthappam and Instant Oats Dosa.Try this healthy and instant Oats Paniyaram recipe. It is very delicious. Would highly recommend it.
Check out other versions of paniyaram here.
Instant Oats Paniyaram | Oats Paddu Recipe:
1 cup Quick cooking Oats(Quaker/Saffola)
1 cup Sooji/Rava
1 cup sour Curd
3 tbsp Chana dal
1 big Onion,finely chopped
3 tbsp chopped Coriander
2-3 tbsp chopped Curry leaves
1 tbsp Green Chili paste
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Eno/Fruit salt
1/4 tsp Cooking Soda
Salt to taste
- Soak chana dal in water for 1-2 hrs. Drain them.
- Dry roast oats and sooji separately until they start changing their color.Do not roast much.Cool them and grind them together in a mixer to a coarse powder.
- Beat curd well and add it to a big bowl add ground oats and sooji and mix well.Add enough water to it to get the consistency of dosa batter.
- Add salt and cooking soda to the mixed batter and leave it aside for 1 hr.You should leave it at least for 20 mins aside.
- Add finely chopped onions, coriander, curry leaves along with green chilli paste,cumin seeds, soaked chana dal and mix well.
- Check the consistency of batter,it might become thick as the sooji absorbs water when it is soaked.Add extra required water to it to get the dosa batter consistency.
- Just before making paniyaram add eno to the batter and mix well.
- Heat the paniyaram/gunta panganalu pan/Aebliskever pan and add 1/2 tsp of oil in each impression.When it is piping hot keep the flame on LOW and pour the batter using a table spoon until it covers 3/4 th and pour some more oil over it and cover it with a lid.Let it roast on low-medium flame until golden brown in color.
- When you see the edges turning golden in color use a sharp knife and run it around the edges of each paniyaram and turn them to the other side and roast until golden brown on both the sides.
- You can add grated carrots or blanched corn to the batter and make paniyaram.
- Make sure that you use sour curd to make this.
- You can refrigerate the batter and use it on next day as well.Add eno to the batter before using it.
- If you do not have eno you can use only cooking soda in the recipe.
If you are interested check out other Oats recipes here: