This city is filled with lot of energy and you can see large crowds even at odd times in the night.Many food joints and street hawkers open until late nights. While we are not one of those who love to venture late nights, there are a few times when we go for a party or a late night movie. Many hawkers open their Anda Bhurji stalls and make the sizzling Anda bhurji in their heavy bottomed hot tawas and is usually served with pav. I have not tasted this anytime, as I do not eat eggs (use them in cakes though). I usually prepare Egg Bhurji (Anda Bhurji) for TH sometimes and try to make something else for me.
Paneer Bhurji Pav Recipe:
1 cup crumbled/grated fresh Paneer(Cottage Cheese)
1 medium Onion,finely chopped
2 Green chillies,finely chopped
1/2" Ginger,finely chopped
1 Tomato,finely chopped
1 small Capsicum,finely chopped
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Pav Bhaji masala
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Lemon juice
2 tbsp Coriander,chopped
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp Butter
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan and add finely chopped onions and green chillies and fry until the onions turn pink.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry well.
- Now add finely chopped capsicum and fry for a minute and then add chopped tomatoes and saute until it becomes slightly mushy.
- Now add garam masala,pav bhaji masala,red chilli powder and turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- Add crumbled paneer and salt and give a good mix and saute for a couple of minutes.The mixture should be moist and not dry,add a tbsp of water if required and cook for a minute.
- Add the butter at the end and mix it properly.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice,chopped coriander and chopped ginger and mix it.
Serve it hot with roasted butter ladened pav with some sliced onions and lemon wedges.
- It can be placed in a chapati and make it into a roll and serve for kids.
- This can be used as a filling for parathas,Samosa,Bread rolls.
- You can add colored bell peppers along with capsicum in the recipe.
- Instead of Pav bhaji masala you can even add Kitchen king masala in the recipe.
- Replace Paneer with 2-3 eggs in the recipe to make the famous 'Anda Bhurji'.Just break the eggs and add them instead of paneer and let them sit for a minute and then run your spatula to scramble them and follow the same process.You can avoid lemon juice for Anda bhurji.