I wish all my readers and friends a HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!! Let us begin another New year with new hopes,new aspirations and new spirits.
I am posting a simple sweet recipe for the sweet beginning of another year.Semiya Kesari is a very simple recipe and is prepared in a similar way like how we do Rava Kesari with few changes in the measurements.It is a nice variation to the regular Rava kesari and is very quick to make.
Semiya Kesari | Vermicelli Kesari Recipe:
1 cup Semiya/Vermicelli
1 1/2 cups Water
1/2 cup Sugar
few strands of Saffron
1 tsp warm Milk,to soak saffron
6-8 Cashew nuts,broken
2-3 tbsp Raisins
2 tbsp Ghee
- Soak saffron in warm milk.
- Heat ghee in a kadai/pan and add broken cashew nuts and fry them until they turn slightly brown,remove them and keep aside.
- In the same pan add raisins and fry until they bulge,remove and keep them aside.
- In the remaining ghee add semiya and roast until you get slight golden in color.
- Meanwhile boil water in a separate pan and keep it ready.
- Add the boiling water to the roasted semiya and cook until done.
- Add sugar to it and mix well,at this point it leaves the syrupy solution,boil until all the syrupy solution gets mixed with the semiya and cooked well.
- Add the soaked saffron and fried dry fruits and mix well.
Serve it hot/warm or at room temperature.
- You can use a pinch of kesar color to it,I do not prefer food colors hence I did not add and relied on the saffron for the color.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder at the end if you wish,it adds a nice flavor.
- You can even first make the sugar syrup solution by boiling the water and sugar together and then add the roasted vermicelli to it.You can make it either ways.
Before I finish my post,let me WISH YOU ALL A FABULOUS NEW YEAR once again!! Have fun folks.