I have posted many Andhra Mango pickle varieties this year and we have finished almost few of them to give room to our new pickle supplies which we will be receiving soon from my MIL.I have mentioned earlier many times that my MIL is an expert in making pickles and this year she promised me to get my favorite North Indian Vegetable Achar with the fresh winter vegetables and few other pickles.
Coming to today's post,this Maagaya perugu pacchadi is prepared using Maagaya pickle(Sun dried Mango Pickle),this recipe is a breeze to prepare if we have maagaya pickle in hand.This pairs nicely with Idli/Dosa or even with rice and many other breakfast varieties.A chutney cannot be simpler than this.If you have Maagaya pickle,do try this chutney for Idli/Dosa for a variation.
Maagaya Perugu Pacchadi | Magaya Chutney Recipe:
2 tbsp Andhra Maagaya Pickle
1-2 Green chillies*
1/4 cup fresh Curd
1 small Onion,finely chopped
1 tsp Ghee/Oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
a sprig of Curry leaves
- Grind magaya pickle with curd and green chillies to a smooth chutney.You can mix the pickle in the curd and mash it but I like a smooth chutney.
- Mix in the finely chopped onion in the chutney and mxi well.
- In a small pan heat oil and crackle mustard seeds and add curry leaves and fry well and add this tempering to the chutney.
- Check the taste of maagaya pickle as it turns sour after a long time.If it is sour then add green chillies according to your spice level.If the magaya is spicy you don't need to add green chillies.
- You can store this in refrigerator for 2 days,if the onions are not mixed you can even store it for a week and add onions when required.
- You can even skip the onions and just mix maagaya with curd if you still want a quicker chutney.