Hare Chana Paneer Curry | Fresh Green Garbanzo-Paneer Gravy Recipe:
Recipe Source: Nita Mehta
1 1/2 cups fresh green Chickpeas,shelled
3/4 cup Paneer cubes,cut into 1" pieces
2 tsp Coriander powder
3/4 tsp Red Chili powder
3/4 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Tandoori Masala
1/4 tsp Amchur(dried mango) powder
2 tbsp chopped Coriander
2 Black Cardamom
1" stick Cinnamon
Salt to taste
3-4 tbsp Oil
2 large Tomatoes
2 Onions,roughly chopped
4-5 Garlic pods
- Grind Onion,tomatoes,ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry or shallow fry the paneer cubes to a nice golden brown color and drain them and drop them in a warm water until its usage.
- In a small pressure cooker pour the remaining oil and add black cardamom,cloves and cinnamon.
- Add the ground onion-tomato paste and fry until the mixture for 3-4 mins.
- Add red chili powder,amchur powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,garam masala and salt and fry over medium flame until the mixture leaves the oil.It takes roughly 6-7 mins.
- Add shelled and washed fresh green chickpeas and fry again for 4-5 mins.If the mixture becomes dry in between add a couple of tbsp of water while frying,otherwise the masalas get burnt.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure drops add the fried paneer cubes (squeeze slightly before adding) and tandoori masala and let it cook on low flame for 3-4 mins.
- Add chopped coriander and mix well.
Serve it hot with roti/chapati/Naan/Pulao.
- You can replace fresh green chickpeas with fresh peas in the recipe and follow the same process for a tasty fresh matar paneer.
- One can even replace the paneer with potatoes in the recipe.Both tastes nice in the recipe.