We all know that Street food is very popular in Mumbai,One among those sinful delicacies is this delicious and simple Vegetable Sandwich.One can get to see atleast 3 to 4 Sandwich waalas standing in every lane here in Mumbai.These sandwiches taste amazing with the smell of fresh butter on it.Here comes this simple recipe..
6 Whole wheat Bread slices or regular sandwich bread
1 Potato, boiled and thinly sliced rounds
1 Beetroot, boiled and thinly sliced rounds
1/2 cucumber,thinly sliced rounds with skin on
1 capsicum,de seeded and thinly sliced rounds
1 onion,thinly sliced rounds
1 Tomato,thinly sliced rounds
1/4 cup Green Chutney
1 tsp Chaat masala
Miracle Whip,the magic ingredient
Salt to taste
- Apply green chutney on one side of all the bread slices.
- Arrange the thinly sliced vegetables on each bread slice and sprinkle salt and chaat masala over it generously.
- Form a three-tier sandwich and apply butter on the outer slices and grill it until its crisp and golden brown in color.
- Remove the top slice and spread/pour the miracle whip over it and cover with the removed slice.Apply butter on top of it and sprinkle some chaat masala over it.
- Cut it into half in Triangle shaped Toast or else it can be cut into 9 pieces.
- Green Chutney is a simple blend of mint and coriander leaves with green chillies,salt,sugar and lemon juice.
- Adding of miracle whip is completely optional.That is my personal touch as I feel the taste of the sandwich is really enhanced by the miracle whip.
- You can even place a cheese slice on one of the layers of the bread before grilling it which will make this taste even better.
and to "Show me your breakfast" Event by Divya of Dil se
and this also goes to "EFM Theme - Breakfast Series" @ Srish Kitchen.
As many of you are not aware of this Miracle Whip, I would like to share its picture which will be more helpful to spot it easily in your Grocery Store.As it is not available in India easily I generally ask my husband to pick it up for me on his business trips and I am sure you guys get it easily in our local American Grocery Stores.Try adding this to Sandwiches , burgers and rolls which makes it taste even better.