Peas Pulav is a simple which can be prepared with no pre-planning.Yet it is so aromatic with lots of flavors and can go with any Gravy/Dal.
1 cup Basmati Rice
3/4 cup Fresh/Frozen Green Peas
1 Big onion finely sliced
2 green chillies slit
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1" cinnamon stick
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Oil
- Soak Basmati rice in water for half an hour.
- Heat Butter and Oil in cooker,add the dry whole masala's one by one and fry it add green chillies,ginger-garlic paste and fry it.
- Add thinly sliced onions and fry until they golden brown in color.
- Now add Green Peas and fry until it changes its color and then add soaked Basmati rice and fry for a minute gently.
- Add Water in the ratio of 1:1 3/4(rice:water) and add enough salt and cover it with the cooker lid and pressure cook for 1 whistle and lower the flame and cook for 8-10 mins.This makes the rice granules separate.If you are in hurry pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Decorate it with the Ghee/butter/oil fried whole cashewnuts on top.
- For a Vegan version use oil instead of ghee for tempering.
and Finally its the time to share an Award with you friends.
Renu of Renu's Kitchen has passed me this Lovely Blog Award to me.I am so honoured Renu to recieve this award from you.Thank you so much gal!!!
I would like to pass this to all my blogger friends,but as per the rules only 10 names are to be selected and I am forced to select only 10 names.As some of our blogger friends have also got this award,I would like to pass this award to Priya, Vrinda, SJ, Nithya, Aruna, Varsha, Sushma, Ramya, Mangala, Ramya Vijaykumar and Mahimaa.
Gals,Please pass this award to at least 10 bloggers.