Yields: 1/3 cup | Author: Prathibha
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: - | Total time: 10 mins
Cuisine: Thai | Category: Side dish for Rice
2 Lemon grass stalks, white part only
3/4 " Galangal/Thai Ginger
3-4 Kaffir leaves
2-3 Thai Green Chillies
2 Garlic Pods
1/3 cup Coriander leaves
1.5 tsp Coriander seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds
4-5 Pepper Corns
Zest of a Lemon, 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
2 tsp Light Soya Sauce
- Remove the top two layers of the lemon grass stalk and chop off the tough root portion and trim the top portion of the stalk and cut the remaining portion of the stalk into small pieces.
- Peel the skin of the galangal and cut into small pieces.
- Grind coriander seeds, cumin seeds and pepper corns to a powder and then add all the cut lemon grass stalk, galangal, kaffir leaves, thai green chillies, shallots, garlic pods, coriander leaves, lemon zest and soya sauce to a coarse paste.I have ground everything together.
- You can add 1-2 tsp coconut milk or water for easy grinding.
Store it in air tight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. But the green curry tastes best with the freshly prepared paste.
- If you want to keep the paste in green color do not add soya sauce to the paste and instead add it while preparing the Green curry.
- It is always recommended to prepare the paste just before making green curry. You can refrigerate or freeze the remaining portion for later use.
- I did not add garlic in the paste the day I prepared as I was running short of it.