1 cup fresh moong sprouts( I used 1/2 cup moong and 1/2 cup matki/moth sprouts)
1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
1/4 cup sweet pomegranate kernels
1/4 cup finely chopped/grated carrot
1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp finely chopped onions
2 tbsp finely chopped raw mango pieces
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
1 tbsp chopped dried apricots or dates or raisins
1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
for the dressing:
3-4 finely chopped/minced green chillies
1/2 tsp grated ginger(optional)
1/4 tsp chat masala
generous drizzle of lemon juice
few drops of honey(optional)
salt to taste
- Take a wide deep bowl and add the sprouts,carrot,raw mango,tomato,onion,cucumber pieces and mix well.
- Add chopped walnuts,apricots,coriander and mix well.
- For the dressing take a small bowl and squeeze in the juice of one lemon and add salt,3-4 drops of honey,chat masala and mix well.Add grated ginger and minced green chillies and mix well.
- Add the dressing to the sprouts mix and mix well.
Verdict: Clean bowled a bowl of salad within few mins.
- You can avoid onions,honey,ginger in the above salad and add grated coconut instead and also add a tadka of mustard and hing to the salad.
- You can even add raw soaked groundnuts,chopped fresh grapes,sliced oranges/mosambi for different flavors.