2 cups poha/flattened rice/Atukulu
3/4 cup grated fresh coconut
7-8 green chillies,thinly sliced
2-3 red chillies,torn roughly
2 tbsp chopped cashewnuts
2 tbsp ground nuts
1 tbsp chana dal
2 tsp urad dal
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
a sprig of curry leaves
juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp chopped coriander
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Clean and wash poha in running water once or twice and remove all the water from it and leave it aside for 10 mins until it is soft.Check it in between and if required sprinkle few drops of water over it.
- Heat oil in a kadai and crackle mustard seeds and add groundnuts and fry until they are red in color.
- Add cashewnuts,chana dal and urad dal and fry until they turn golden brown and then add curry leaves,green chillies,red chillies and fry for 1-2 mins and then add half the grated coconut and fry for a minute.
- Add soaked poha,remaining grated coconut and salt to it and mix well and cover it with lid an dcook for 2 mins over low flame.
- Add lemon juice and chopped coriander to it and mix well.