1 1/2 cups Jowar/sorghum flour
1/4 cup wheat flour(handful and optional)
3/4 cup grated bottle gourd
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
2 tsp green chilli paste
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
1/4 cup chopped coriander
1 tsp jeera(optional)
salt to taste
- Take a wide bowl and mix Jowar flour,wheat flour and salt.
- Add grated bottle gourd,chopped onions,green chilli paste,coriander,jeera,sesame seeds and mix well until the mixture is completely moistened by the water from bottle gourd and onions.
- Now add some warm(to medium heat) water if required and mix well until you get the dough similar to the akki roti dough and rest the dough for 10-15 mins.You can even use it immediate if required.
- Take a handful of dough and make it into round balls of Orange size.
- Smear the Rotti tawa(Non-stick/normal dosa pan) with little bit of oil all over the tawa and place the rotti dough in center and press it gently with hands and spread into a thin layer by rotating the pan and by immersing the hand in a bowl of water in between which helps in patting the dough evenly and smoothly on the tawa.Make it as thin as possible.do not bother if small gaps are there,that makes the rotti even crispier.
- Pour little oil over it and cover it with a lid and place it on fire on medium flame.Let it cook for 2 mins.Keep an eye on it to check in b whether it is done or not.Once you see the red patches started forming increase the flame and cook it.Try to rotate the tawa inorder to get an evenly roasted rotti.No need to turn it on the other side.
I served it with Lobia Curry.
- Grated Carrot/Bottle gourd/Cucumber/Beetroot/fresh coconut can be added to the above mixture according to our taste.
- Greens like Mint/Coriander/Dill leaves/Spinach can also be added according to our taste.
For more tips to make good rotti and to make different varieties of rotti's check here.