I hope everyone would have enjoyed the festival to the fullest extent with wonderful feast and bursting crackers.The whole blogging world is full of Diwali celebrations showcasing the sweets and savories prepared especially for the festival.As my cousin was visiting me last week mom has sent some sweets and savories with him for the festival,so I did not feel like preparing anything else even though I had some plans after seeing those delicacies getting posted by our fellow bloggers.On the festival day I did pooja and offered palada,pulihora,lobia sundal and lobia fritters to the god as prashad and in the evening I have lit the diya's and burst some crackers in the balcony.
During my last trip to Bangalore I had visited one of the MTR's outlets and while on the loot of MTR products this Rice ada packet caught my attention and thanks to my blogging world which has already given me enough knowledge about new things,so immediately I added that packet of rice ada to my shopping cart.I have just followed the instructions given behind the packet and modified the recipe little bit according to our taste.I added condensed milk to it as I like the richness that gives to the sweets.I liked the chewy texture of the ada which s quite different and simple from the other kheer's.And here comes my version of this recipe..
1/2 cup (around 50gm) Rice Ada(I used MTR)
500 ml milk
5-6 tbsp condensed milk
2-3 tbsp sugar(adjust according to your sweet levels)
1/2 tsp Elaichi powder
1/4 tsp saffron
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp chironji seeds(charoli)
2 pistachios and 2 almonds,soaked,peeled and slivered
- Soak saffron in 2 tbsp of warm milk for half an hour.
- Boil the remaining milk in a container.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a kadai and add rice ada and mix and let it cook for 8-10 mins until the rice ada is soft and done.
- Add hot milk to the cooked ada and simmer the flame and let it cook until the milk is reduced to 3/4 th level by stirring it in between.
- Now add condensed milk and sugar to it and boil for 2-3 mins.
- Add saffron soaked milk to it and let it cook on low flame for 5-6 mins.
- Heat ghee in a small tadka pan and fry chopped cashewnuts and badam in it for 1-2 mins and then add raisins and fry it until they rise.
- Add the fried dry fruits and elaichi powder to the cooked kheer and give a stir.
- Pour it in a bowl and decorate with slivered pistachios and almonds
and you guessed right..my next recipe will be pulihora and sundal...:)
and now comes the Award time.
Renu has passed me "Kreative blogger" award to me.Thanks a lot Renu for thinking of me and passing that award.Thanks a lot dear.Updated in my side bar.
Priya has passed me "Presentation" award to me.Thanks a lot priya for thinking of my blog and passing that award.
Vidhas has passed me "A Giant Bear Hug" award to me.Thanks a lot Vidhas for thinking of my blog and passing that award.Updated in my side bar.
This award goes with a fun meme which has to be passed on to 6 of your favourite blogs and which has to be answered with only one word.Here is the meme part:
1. Where is your cell phone: next to my laptop
2. Your hair: Black
3. Your mother: Hamsaveni
4. Your father: Ramanath
5. Your favorite food: Chaats
6. Your dream last night: dont remember
7. Your favorite drink: Badam milk
8. Your dream/goal: To settle in a better way and position
9. What room are you in: living room
10. Your hobby: blog hopping these days
11. Your fear: Darkness
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years: anywhere
13. Where were you last night: at home
14. Something you aren’t: simple
15. Muffins: I love any variety,especially chocolate and Banana flavored ones
16. Wish list item: too many
17. Where did you grow up: Andhra
18. Last thing you did: had my lunch
19. What are you wearing: skirt and t-shirt
20. Your TV: Off
21. Your pets: No
22. Your friends: quite a few
23. Your life: happy
24. Your mood: normal now
25. Missing someone: my niece
26. Vehicle: car
27. Something you’re not wearing: bangles and toe rings
28. Your favorite store: central
29. Your favorite color: Black and red
30. When was the last time you laughed: dont remember
31. Last time you cried: might be yesterday watching some soaps in tv..:)
32. Your best friends: R,S,S,P
33. One place that I go over and over: the grocery store
34. One person who emails me regularly: all the blogger friends
35. Favorite place to eat: too many places in bangalore and bombay
I would love to pass it on to all my Blogger friends who did not recieve these awards as it is very difficult to choose as I love reading and visiting every one's blog. So please accept this Award and pass it on to ur friends.