Who would say ' No ' to Ice cream in these Hot summers??
Infact season is not a barrier for most of us to enjoy those delectable Ice creams.As some fruits are seasonal and especially our king of Fruits "MANGO" is available only in summers,why not we use them to the fullest extent .I have scribbled this recipe from my SIL's cook book when I visited her last year.I tried this couple of times in this summer and it was so easy to prepare with no mess.It was an instant hit at home and everyone liked it and Home made things always gives a better satisfaction than the store bought one's right??This is one simple and easy recipe with very less ingredients and turns out perfect in texture.
so,here comes the recipe...try it out and enjoy this summer..
3 Alphonso Mangoes(Other mangoes also do,but Alphonso's taste best)
1 Cup Milk,boiled and cooled
6 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tin Milkmaid(condensed milk)
200 ml Thick cream(I used Amul cream)
5-6 drops of Mango essence
- Peel the mangoes and cut it into small pieces.
- Melt Sugar in milk and add essence and mix well.
- Grind the mango pieces with milk mixture and condensed milk into a very smooth and fine mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the Ice cream tub(Closed one) and freeze it for 3-4 hrs.Remove it and scrape the mixture and churn it along with Cream to a fine mixture.
- Now check the taste,if it needs more sweetness add milkmaid and churn it again to a smooth mixture and pour it back into the tub and freeze it.
The above process of churning can be repeated again in order to get still smooth and soft Ice cream.
This is my second entry to "MANGO MELA" event hosted by Srivalli of Cooking for all Seasons.
You can find another delectable Mango Kulfi recipe here.