Mango Milkshake ritual and the kiddo had it happily and said- "mamma, it is yummy!! ", what else I can ask for from a two year old kiddo. It is fairly simple to make and also very filling at the same time.
Sago Kheer, Sago Halwa etc.
Sago Kheer, Sago Halwa etc.
Sago Kheer and creamy Mango Milkshake. In short,cooked sago pearls are mixed with the thick creamy mango milkshake just that you need to follow few steps to make it fool proof. In the traditional method, evaporated milk is used but I have substituted with full cream milk and condensed milk for my convenience.There are no hard and fast rules with the quantities in the recipe, one can add them as per their taste buds.Now, off to the recipe.
- Mango Fudge | Mango Burfi
- Mango Phirni | Layered Mango Phirni
- Mango Sheera | Mango Sooji Halwa
- Shrikarini/Seekarane..a simple mango delight
- Mango Shrikand | Amrakhand | Aamkhand
- Mango Ice-cream
- Mango Kulfi
- Mango Pound Cake
Mango Sago Pudding Recipe:
Serves 3-4 | Author: Prathibha
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins | Total time: 20 mins
Cuisine: International | Category: Desserts
1 large ripen Mango
1/4 cup Sago pearls, medium size
1/2 cup Condensed milk or 3/4 cup Evaporated milk
1-2 tbsp Sugar,if needed (more if using evaporated milk)
1 cup full cream Milk
- Wash and soak sago pearls for an hour and wash it again to remove the extra starch in it.Cook it for 5-7 mins until they turn transparent and gets cooked, if you want you can bite one and test whether it is done or not.Drain the cooked sago pearls and wash again under the running water, this removes additional starch, I skipped this step.
- Wash,peel and chop mango into small pieces.Reserve 1/4 cup pieces for garnish and usage later.
- Meanwhile boil full cream milk until it is reduced to half and cool the milk.
- Grind the cooled milk, mango pieces, condensed milk(or evaporated milk) and sugar as per your requirement to a smooth puree in a blender. The addition of sugar is based on the sweetness of mango and usage of condensed milk or evaporated milk,you can increase or decrease or avoid it completely as per your wish.
- Now mix the pureed mango mixture with the cooked and washed sago pearls to an uniform mixture.The consistency should be slightly thick,not very thin.
- Add reserved mango pieces(reserve 5-6 pieces) and mix nicely and pour into individual bowls and garnish with few mango pieces and chill it for 2-3 hrs.
Serve it cold and Enjoy!!!
- It is ideal to wash the sago pearls, before soaking, after soaking and after cooking, this is to remove the excess starch content in them.You can follow the process you usually use to cook them, it is completely fine.
- Use nicely ripen mangoes for this dessert for dark yellow color and also for good flavor. If you are in India you can use Alphonsos or Kesar mango varieties for this dessert.
- The traditional recipe uses evaporated milk and sugar in the recipe but I find it convenient to use condensed milk in the recipe, it gives creamy rich taste to the dessert. If you are calorie conscious you can even avoid it but it will not turn creamy like how it is supposed to be.
- If you don't have mangoes you can always use canned mango pulp to make this dessert.
- Pomelo sacs can be also added to this dessert for a variation to make Mango Sago Pomelo Pudding.