nippat masala, churmuri, tomato slice, chakli masala, chips masala, bele masala,tikki puri and many more items.You can find these kind of small gaadis especially in front of schools,colleges and parks. They are pretty cheap and also a good time pass snacks for those lengthy chit chats.The crisp flat puris that are topped with carrot-onion mixture and is generously sprinkled with chaat chutneys and masalas and layered with crisp murmur and congress kadalebeeja(spiced up peanuts).This is really a delight to the taste buds with the balance of flavors and textures of the various ingredients in the recipe.
You can serve this snack as an evening snack or a party appetizer when you have a small party at your place. Me and my friends love to play card games when we stay at my place. This finger food is great to be served during that time and not the usual packed potato chips to keep a healthy diet while having fun.
Tikki Puri Recipe:
16 Papdis/Bombay Puri/Flat Puris
1 Onion,finely chopped
1/4 cup fine Sev
1/4 cup Congress Kadalekayi(spiced Peanuts)
1 cup Puffed rice/Murmur
2-3 tbsp finely chopped Coriander
4-5 tbsp Green Chutney
4-5 tbsp Sweet Chutney(meetha)
1 tsp Red chili powder
1 tsp roasted Cumin powder
1 tsp Chaat masala
Salt to taste
- Mix finely chopped onions with grated carrot and chopped coriander and keep it aside.
- Keep all the items ready before plating them as these are supposed to be make quick and eat immediately.
- Arrange 7-8 pieces of papdis/flat puris in a plate.
- Take a handful of onion-carrot-coriander mixture and place 1 tbsp of mixture on each puri.
- Pour 1/2 tsp green chutney and 1/2 tsp meetha chutney on each puri.This quantity is personally your choice and according to your taste buds.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt,cumin powder,red chili powder and chaat masala all over the papdis.Sprinkle them according to your taste buds.
- Next comes the layer of sev and congress kadalekayi(spicy groundnuts).Be generous with this as it gives a nice taste to the masala.
- Finally top it with a big handful of murmur.Repeat with another plate or prepare both the plates simultaneously.
Serve the plate immediately.Lift each papdi with all the masala over it and dump into your mouth and enjoy the taste.
- There is no hard rule for the measurements in the recipe.You can play with those ingredients and also can tweak in the recipe according to your taste buds.
- You can add chopped tomatoes along with the carrot-onion mixture if you wish.
- You can follow the same recipe and replace puri/papdi with small nippat/chakli which makes it 'Nippat masala' and 'Chakli masala'.
- You can follow the same recipe and replace papdi with tomato slices which makes it 'Tomato slice masala'.This is a guilt free snack for those who are really calorie conscious.