I am sorry for my sudden disappearance from blogging and not posting regularly and not even doing blog hopping,the reason behind this was just a bit of laziness added after my inlaws visit to our place and then I got stuck with a couple of tasks.
I will try to visit your places soon and will also go through all the yummy posts which I missed.
And coming to today's recipe,I have tried this bread long back almost four months back from priya's blog,and yes you guessed right even these pictures are four months old.The reason behind why I liked that recipe is its low fat version and also a very healthier option as half the portion of refined flour is replaced by whole wheat flour.The recipe was so simple and I absolutely loved this low fat chocolaty and nutty banana bread.
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Wheat flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup Sugar
3 tbsp oil (I used saffola brand )
2 big ripen Bananas
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup Almonds
2 tbsp chocolate chips
1 cup water
- Grease a Loaf pan( 9 x 5 x 3) with butter and dust it with flour evenly or place a butter paper in the pan.
- Preheat the Oven to 180 deg for 10 mins.
- Sieve all purpose flour,wheat flour,cocoa powder,baking soda,baking powder all together for 3-4 times until you get a uniform mix of all flours.
- Grind the almonds to a coarse powder.
- Mash the ripen banana's into a smooth mixture and add sugar to it and mix well until it melts.You can even grind the sugar to a fine powder and add that to the above mixed dry ingredients.
- Add oil,water,apple cider vinegar,vanilla essence to the banana mixture and mix well until everything is well incorporated.Use a hand whisker to make this job easier.
- Add few spoons of dry ingredient mixture and almond powder and fold into the banana mixture carefully.Repeat the process and by using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula mix until the batter is thick and chunky.(Do not over do the process of mixing as that yields in a rubbery bread).
- Add the chocolate chips which are tossed in 1/2 tsp flour to the above mixture and gently fold into the bread mixture.
- Gently scrape the batter into the greased loaf pan and place it in the oven and bake at 180 deg for 45-50 mins or bake until the crust is brown and tooth pick should come out clean when inserted.
- Cool it on the wire rack and slice it and serve.
- You can even add walnuts along with the chocolate chips.
- You can even add other dry fruits like raisins,pecans,etc to the batter.
- Toast the banana bread slice and serve it warm with tea.
- Apply peanut butter to the toasted slice of banana bread and serve.
- Serve it slightly warm(by keeping it in microwave for few seconds) with vanilla ice cream.
- Serve it at the room temperature.