In Mumbai the rainy season has started and its pouring like anything from the last few days.Sipping into a hot cup of coffee or a bowl of soup or savoring hot hot pakoda's are few cravings for us to enjoy in this rainy season.Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetable as it gives a wonderful taste in what ever form it is transformed.The richness of this soup is even doubled by adding cauliflower even though no cream is added to the soup.This is again one of the no fail recipes which I tried from her soup's book.
1 medium sized Cauliflower
1 big onion,sliced
1 1/2 tbsp butter
1 Green Chilli
1 tbsp wheat flour
1 1/2 cups Milk
2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp pepper powder
salt to taste
- Heat butter in a pressure pan and fry sliced onions for 2-3 mins in reduced flame.
- Add cauliflower florets and continue stirring for few more mins.
- Sprinkle wheat flour and fry for another one minute.
- Pour a cup of milk and half cup of water to it.
- Add ginger and whole green chili to that and pressure cook for 1 whistle in reduced flame.
- Cool down completely and discard ginger and green chilli pieces and grind the rest into a very smooth paste and pass the same through a sieve.
- Dilute with half a cup of milk and water .
- Add enough salt,sugar and let it come to a boil in reduced flame.
- Sprinkle pepper before serving.
- You can serve it hot with grated cheese on top.
- Discard the ginger piece,otherwise it will create a strong flavor of ginger for the soup.