And coming to the cake recipe,this is a eggless cake which I made for my mom (as she does not eat egg )during my last visit to Bangalore.When I saw this recipe here a couple of month's back I loved the color and texture of the cake and I bookmarked it to prepare it for my mom especially.
I halved the recipe and almost followed the same method,just that I added apple cider vinegar and some extra sugar to the original recipe.The outcome was just fantastic,the cake was really moist,fluffy and loaded with orange flavor.This is definitely a fool proof eggless recipe which I treasure to treat the people who does not eat egg.No one can just say seeing the texture that it is eggless,please give a try to treat the pure vegetarians with this fool proof eggless sponge cake recipe.
1 1/4 cup(190 gms) Refined flour/Maida
1/2 can(200 gms/ml) Condensed Milk
1/2 cup(125 gms) melted Butter,at room temperature
1/2 cup(125 ml) Orange Juice
3 tbsp powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp Apple cider Vinegar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Orange Zest
- Preheat the Oven @ 180 deg for 10 mins.
- Line and grease a 8 inch square tin with butter and dust well with flour.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and baking soda into a bowl and keep it aside.
- In another bowl mix well with a hand whisker melted butter,condensed milk,orange juice,powdered sugar,vanilla essence and apple cider vinegar until everything is mixed well.
- Make a well in the sifted flour mixture and pour the whisked wet ingredients mixture in the center and gently mix the mixture until you get a smooth and uniform mixture without lumps.
- Add orange zest to it and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased square tin and tap it twice to remove the air bubbles formed if any.
- Place this pan in the center of the oven and bake it for 35-40 mins until the crust is golden brown in color or if the tooth pick comes out clean when inserted into it.
- After 5 mins remove it from the pan and let it cool on the wire rack.Cut into square wedges and serve.
- Store it in the air tight container.