12-15 baby potatoes
2 medium onions,finely sliced
1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1 1/2 tsp jeera seeds
4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp thick tamarind pulp
1 pureed tomato
A sprig of curry leaves
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Boil the potatoes in water or pressure cook for 2 whistles.Let them cool.Peel the skin.
- Grind the coriander seeds with cumin seeds and garlic cloves to a coarse paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan add ground paste,tamarind pulp and tomato puree,salt,sugar and curry leaves.Cook on low flame until oil separates.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and caramelize the sliced onions on medium flame until golden brown in color.Add a pinch of sugar to it while frying.
- Add potatoes to the gravy and stir well and cook for 2 mins.Add fried onions to it and mix well.Reserve some fried onions for garnish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and some fried onions.