I love the green color of these kabab's and is one of our family's favourite starter and also is very ideal for a party snack.TH does not like me spending time in kitchen on a holiday and no need to say on a occasion,this time he gave a prior notice to me that I should not be cooking anything on our anniversary (excuses for tea..ofcourse!!!) and we planned our special day for a movie and few trips to the restaurants.But somehow I could not accept that I would not be preparing anything on the special occasion,so I thought of celebrating the day in advance with my home food.So I prepared veg dum biriyani and hara bhara kabab's in order to compensate the actual day celebrations at home.
2 medium potatoes,boiled
1/2 cup green peas,boiled
1 cup fresh spinach,washed and pat dried
10-12 cashew nuts,halved
2-3 green chillies
1 1/2 " ginger,chopped
1/4 cup besan(chickpea flour)
1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
1/2 tsp amchur powder
1 1/2 tsp chaat masala
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
salt to taste
- Dry roast besan until nice aroma comes from it.Turn off the stove and keep it aside.
- Blanch spinach in hot water for 5 mins.Refresh in cold water,drain and squeeze water from it.Try to remove all the excess liquid from it.
- Grind spinach with ginger,green chillies to a coarse paste(do not add water).Add boiled and drained green peas to it and grind in whipper mode until thick coarse paste.
- Grate the boiled potato and add the ground mixture,roasted besan and all the masala's,salt and mix well.
- Grease your hand and make small round tikki's and press a cashew gently into it.Follow the same procedure to do the remaining tikki's.Place them in refrigerator for sometime(for about 1 hr to set properly).
- Shallow fry in oil on medium flame for 2-3mins until brown in color.(I placed them on a tava which is smeared with oil and fried on both sides on low flame with just 2 tsp oil).
- Sprinkle some chaat masala all over before serving.
These kabab's are going to participate in EC's -Tea Time Snacks Event.