1 long snake gourd(potlakaaya)
1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
3-4 green chillies
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp chana dal
a sprig of curry leaves
1/4 tsp haldi
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Cut snake gourd length wise and scoop out the flesh inside and cut into thin slices.
- Heat oil in a kadai and crackle mustard seeds,add chana dal and urad dal fry for a minute.Add curry leaves and fry for half a minute.
- Add snake gourd slices and cook for a minute.Now add salt and turmeric to it and mix properly.Cover with a deep plate filled with water and let it cook on steam on low heat for 12-15 until snake gourd pieces are soft and done by stirring it occasionally.
- Grind grated coconut and green chillies to a coarse paste.
- Add this coconut mixture to the cooked vegetable and mix with it properly and let it cook on open for two mins.Remove it from heat.