1 medium cauliflower
1/4 cup dried kasuri methi(2-3 tbsp)
2 medium onions,chopped
4 green chillies,chopped
2 medium tomatoes,chopped
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup yogurt/curd
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1+1/2 " ginger
10 garlic cloves
1 tbsp oil
oil to deep fry
- Separate gobi into florets.
- Grind ginger garlic into a fine paste.
- Heat oil (enough for deep fry) in a kadai and once it is hot drop the gobi florets and fry them until golden brown.Drain on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.(Here I avoided deep frying and roasted gobi florets in 1 tsp of oil on low flame until crisp)
- Dry roast kasuri methi slightly on a tawa/pan on medium heat.cool it and powder it.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan add mustard seeds and allow to crackle.Add onions and cook until golden brown in color.
- Add green chillies and saute along with onions.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and stir for a moment.Add tomatoes and stir.Add half cup of water,cover and cook.
- Add coriander powder,turmeric powder and mix.Add beaten curds to it and stir well.cook on high heat for 5mins.
- Add fried cauliflower and mix well.Add salt and kasuri methi powder and mix.
- Cook for 5-7 mins and serve hot.