2 Raw banana's
1 big lemon sized Tamarind
2-3 tbsp grated jaggery
1 medium onion,finely chopped
3-4 green chillies,slit
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp chopped coriander
salt to taste
1 tsp ghee/Oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 red chillies,broken
- Pressure cook raw banana for 2-3 whistles until it is completely cooked.Cool it,remove the peel and mash it completely.
- Slightly toast sesame seeds in a pan and cool it.Grind it to a fine powder.
- Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup of water fr 15 mins and remove the pulp.Add grated jaggery and salt to it and mix properly.
- Add slit green chillies to it and mash it with hand completely.If you are allergic to green chillies like me,slight crush the green chillies in a mortar and pestle,this process also works fine.
- Now add some water,mashed raw banana and sesame seed powder to it and mix and adjust the salt,spice and sweetness according to your taste by adding the respective ingredients.
- Heat ghee in a small tadka pan,crackle mustard seeds and fry red chillies for a minute and add this tadka to the mixture and add chopped coriander and mix well and serve.
- This is generally not heated on stove,it is served cold with hot steaming rice.
- Use oil in seasoning for a Vegan version.