Paneer is acceptable in any form at our place.This is a very quick sabzi which can be prepared just in a matter of minutes and goes well with roti.This is so versatile that it can be used as a filling for Paratha,samosa and even for bread rolls for a slight variation and here comes the recipe.
1 Cup crumbled or grated Paneer/Cottage Cheese
1 medium Onion finely chopped
2-3 Green chillies finely chopped
2 small Tomatoes finely chopped
1/4 cup Fresh/Frozen Green Peas
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp kitchen king masala(Optional)
1/4 tsp Haldi(optional)
1-2 tbsp Lemon juice
3 tbsp Chopped Coriander
1/2 tsp finely chopped Ginger
1/2 tsp Jeera
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Butter
- Heat Oil in a Kadai crackle Jeera and add finely chopped onion,green chillies and green peas and fry until onions turn pink.
- Now add finely chopped Tomatoes and saute it until it becomes slightly mushy.
- Now add garam masala,kitchen king masala,red chilli powder and haldi and fry for a minute.
- Add crumbled Paneer and salt and give a good mix and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add Butter and mix properly and add Lemon juice,chopped Coriander and chopped Ginger and mix it and take off from the flame.(Do not keep it on stove for long time after adding lemon juice,it makes bitter).
Other Serving suggestions:
1.It can be place in a chapathy and make it into a roll and serve for kids.
2.This can be used as a filling for paranthas,Samosa,Bread rolls.
This is the Pic of my Paneer bhurji turning into Paratha for my afternoon lunch on the next day.
I am sending this to Poornima's "MFT:CHEESE" Event which was originally started by Bindiya
and this also goes to "WYF:Quick Meal" Event started by EC.