'Peanut ladoo' or 'Groundnut Laddu' is a simple laddu recipe which requires two ingredients - groundnuts and jaggery. Raw peanuts are roasted to perfection and are peeled and ground together with jaggery and is shaped into small ladoos. There is another variation for this laddu where the groundnuts are mixed with jaggery syrup and is formed into small ladoos or the same mixture can be poured into a wide plate and is cut into rectangular or square pieces which is popularly known as Chikki or Brittle.
My mom prepares this mixture(ground roasted groudnut - jaggery) along with ground sesame - Jaggery mixture and use them as a filling for Kudumulu/Modak during Ganesh Chaturthi or to pair with Ottu Shavige (String Hoppers/Idiyappam) or as a filling for Obbattu(Holige), but my mom does not make that mixtures into ladoos. We used to finish half of these mixtures in the form of powder before she uses it for the other stuff and hence when ever she prepares, she prepares them in a large quantity.I prefer the groundnut version more than the sesame seed mixture as I like the taste of groundnuts more.I have earlier posted a recipe for Shenga Holige where we use this filling,it tastes really delicious.
Also check out other Ladoo recipes in my blog here:
Peanut Jaggery Laddu | Groundnut Ladoo | Palli Undalu Recipe:
Yields 8-10 ladoos
Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins | Total time: 20 mins
Cuisine: South Indian | Category: Sweets
1 cup Raw Groundnuts/Peanuts
3/4 cup Jaggery,grated
- Dry roast groundnuts until the skin start splitting and ground nuts have few black spots.Cool them slightly and remove the skin by rubbing the groundnuts with your palms.
- Grind the roasted and peeled groundnuts into a coarse powder.
- Add grated jaggery and pulse it in a whipper mode until you get an uniform mixture.
- Remove the mixture into a wide bowl or plate.
- Prepare small balls out of the mixture and arrange the ladoos in a wide air tight container.
Store them under room temperature.You can store them for 10-15 days.
- You can adjust the quantity of jaggery to suit your taste buds.In case if you find it less sweeter after you grind it you can add bit more and grind again.
- You can use this filling for Kudumulu/Modak which we prepare during Ganesh Chaturthi or to pair with Ottu Shavige (String Hoppers/Idiyappam) or as a filling for Obbattu(Holige).
Check out various Diwali Sweets Recipes here.
If you are looking for more Savoury Recipes,Check out Diwali Savoury Recipes here.