If you are interested check out other Babycorn-Capsicum combos like Babycorn-Capsicum Stir fry, Babycorn-Capsicum Gravy.
Also check out other Soup recipes:
Babycorn Capsicum Clear Soup Recipe:
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins | Total time: 25 mins
Cuisine: International | Category: Soups- Appetizers
3-4 Baby corns, thinly sliced into rounds
1 small Capsicum, seeded and finely chopped
2-3 small Garlic pods, finely chopped
1 tbsp Corn flour
3-4 cups of Vegetable stock or 1 veg Maggi soup seasoning cube
1 tsp Vinegar
1 tbsp Coriander leaves, finely chopped
juice of 1/2 Lemon
1/2 tsp Pepper powder(or to taste)
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Olive oil/Butter
- Heat olive oil/ butter in a deep bottomed pan and add finely sliced garlic and saute it for a minute.
- Add thinly sliced baby corn pieces and fry for 2 mins and then add chopped capsicum and fry for a minute.
- Add 3-4 cups of vegetable stock to it. If you are using seasoning cube add 3-4 cups of water and add the seasoning cube along with it.
- Mix corn flour in 2-3 tbsp of water nicely with out any lumps in it.
- Bring the stock to a boil and then add corn flour mixture and stir continuously while you are adding the corn flour mixture.
- Boil it for 3-4 mins until it thickens and the color of the soup turns transparent.
- Add vinegar, salt and pepper powder and mix it.Switch off the flame.Adjust the seasoning according to your taste buds by tasting it if necessary.
- In the individual bowls add 1/2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves and divide the hot soup equally into those bowls.
Serve the soup hot with Garlic bread / Pasta/ Salad. Add more seasoning to the soup if required.
- Do not add lemon juice to the soup pot directly as it might make the soup bitter. Hence add it to the bowl directly before you ladle the soup into the bowl.
- You can replace baby corn with fresh corn or sweet corn and follow the same process.
- You can even prepare the soup in a similar way with mixed vegetables like finely chopped carrots,beans,cabbage and follow the same process.
- If you do not have vegetable stock or seasoning cube you can still prepare the soup in the same manner with out using them but the vegetable stock(or cube) adds more flavor to the soup.
- You can use even knorr seasoning cube instead of maggi cube.