I would like to wish all my readers and friends ' HAPPY UGADI '. Ugadi is on the 11th of April.
Today, I am posting a simple Vermicelli kheer recipe to celebrate the festival.The process of preparation of this kheer is no different from any other kheer. This kheer is usually prepared during festivals. If you havent planned anything yet with regards to what to make during Ugadi , then you should check out my Ugadi menu planner here.This should help you to plan a simple menu for the festival.
Check out other Kheer recipes in my blog here.
- Aval Payasam | Poha Kheer
- Carrot Kheer
- Korra biyyam Payasam | Fox Millet Kheer
- Moong Dal Kheer | Pesara Pappu Payasam
- Paal Payasam/Rich Indian Milk Kheer
- Phool Makhana Kheer
- Sabudana(Sago) Kheer | Saggubiyyam Payasam
- Sooji Ki Kheer | Rava Payasam
- Undrallu Payasam | Paal Kozhukattai
Semiya Payasam | Vermicelli Kheer Recipe:
1 cup Vermicelli
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 liter full cream Milk
10-12 Cashew nuts
2 tbsp Raisins
a pinch of Cardamom powder
2 tbsp Ghee
- Boil milk and simmer it for 12-15 mins until it reduced to 3/4th of the quantity.
- Meanwhile heat ghee in a kadai and fry cashew nuts and fry them until golden in color and remove them and keep aside.
- In the same kadai add raisins and fry them until they fluff up and remove and keep them aside too.
- Now add vermicelli to the remaining ghee and fry for 1-2 mins.
- Add boiling milk and reduce the flame and cook till the vermicelli becomes soft.
- Add sugar and mix gently till it dissolves and let it continue cooking over low flame.Always cook over low flame otherwise the milk might curdle.
- Add ghee roasted cashew nuts and raisins and cardamom powder to the kheer and mix and switch off the flame.
Serve it hot/warm/cold or at room temperature.
- You can add a pinch of saffron to the kheer while it is boiling.Rub it in a tbsp of milk before adding to milk for better color and flavor.
- I sometimes add condensed milk to the kheer ,so I usually reduce the quantity of sugar in the recipe.This makes the kheer more tastier,creamier and rich.