(Recipe source : Finger Licking Food)
1 cup Jasmine Rice (I used Basmati Rice)
1 cup packed Thai basil leaves, washed
½ cup sliced red onions
½ cup sliced green peppers
½ cup sliced red and yellow peppers
¼ cup frozen peas
½ cup baby corn strips
5 cloves garlic, minced
1” piece ginger, grated
3 tbsp Sambal oleak(I used red chilli paste instead)
2 tsp Sriracha (I used tabasco)
2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 ½ tbsp Brown Sugar
3 tbsp Olive oil
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak jasmine/basmati rice for 10 mins and add 1 1/2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice and cook it in rice cooker or on the direct stove .Spread on a plate to cool and set aside.
- Heat oil in a big kadai and minced garlic and grated ginger,saute for a few seconds until its fragrant.
- Now add sliced onions, bell peppers and carrots and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until veggies are tender but crunchy.
- Add frozen peas and saute for a minute and then add sambal oleak(red chili paste),brown sugar and enough salt(take care as we are adding other sauces as well). Mix everything until the veggies are coated.
- Now add the cooked cooled rice and then add the soy sauce and sriracha(tabasco). Mix well and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Chop basil leaves and add them immediately to the rice and mix well.